Universal Hinge Expansion Joint
A universal hinge expansion joint consist of a universal bellow with two pairs of hinges. This type of expansion joint is used to accommodate large amount of lateral deflection in one plane. By providing a special arrangement of hinge box, the universal hinge expansion joint can also accommodate angular movement and lateral deflection in more than one plane.
- Lateral motion in one/or more than one plane.
- Eliminates pressure thrust as it is restrained by the hinge pins.
- Prevents torsional movement of the expansion joint.
- Eliminates requirement of the main anchors.
- Requires minimum guiding supports.
- Reduces forces on the piping arrangement.
- Designed to restrain extraneous forces like wind loads, dead loads, weight of machinery, etc.
- Movement can be controlled.
- Angular deflection, if designed.